CAI was established in 1996, it has grown year over year to more than 850 people worldwide. We provide commissioning, qualification, validation, start-up, project management and consulting services related to operational readiness to FDA regulated, Data Centers and other mission critical industries.
Meeting a Higher Standard
Our approach is simple; we put the client’s interests first, we do not stop until it is right, and we will do whatever it takes to get there.
At CAI, we are committed to living our Foundational Principles, both professionally and personally:
· We act with integrity
· We serve each other
· We serve society
· We work for our future.
We strongly believe that one person’s success is everyone’s success; we work diligently to accomplish team goals. We place Team Before Self, demonstrate Respect for Others, and possess a can-do attitude. That is how we have grown exponentially.
The Senior Commissioning Project Manager will work as part of the CAI Australia Data Centre team and be responsible for the commissioning of mission critical equipment, safe working practices, issue resolution, and facility handover. The primary objective of the Senior Commissioning Project Manager is to ensure the testing and commissioning activities for the Data Centre are effectively planned, coordinated, and executed in accordance with the contract schedule and budget.
· To work alongside the client and/or General Contractor’s team in developing commissioning frameworks which align with the project objectives
· To lead the team onsite in the execution commissioning activities
· To develop project specific commissioning management/validation documents and procedures
· Lead project commissioning meetings and be confident in your delivery.
· Develop and prepare reports that include technical content, progress, and issues resolution.
· To provide technical commentary on drawings, manuals, and technical submittals
· Assign tasks to other discipline leads and manage their progress
· Vendor coordination and management
· Manage the process of QA/QC of MEP equipment/start-up as needed with your team on projects
· Execute test scripts to confirm MEP equipment is functional as per design specification
· To fully adopt the CAI Safety culture by producing task specific method statements, JHA’s or other relevant safety documentation. Safety plans prior to project commencement and monthly safety reporting to be carried out
· Providing consultative advice to our clients in determining commissioning and validation requirements, commissioning strategies, methodologies, and the streamlining of commissioning activities
· Awareness of scope change items and report accordingly
· Assist the CAI Regional Manager with tender submissions and bids
· General understanding of LEED/Green Star specifications and requirements
Required Skills and Qualifications
· Degree in a Mechanical/Electrical/Building Services Engineering. Considerable experience will be sought to demonstrate project management skills, (AIPM, Engineers Australia, CIBSE, ASHRAE or equivalent professional qualifications an advantage.)
· 5-7 years or more of relevant experience in Data Center Commissioning with 3 years at managerial level
· Must be a holder of a CPCWHS10001 (White Card – Australia)
· Strong knowledge of Data Centre infrastructure, including electrical and mechanical systems
· Data Center facilities operations experience is desired, but not required.
· To always work diligently and professionally
· Always ready to work flexible hours as determined by the project demands
· Able to focus on desired outcomes and make decisive decisions when change is required
· Work with minimal supervision and create a team spirit within the commissioning team
· Demonstrate initiative and be pro-active in planning commissioning activities
· Ability to motivate, improve, and gain trust from other team members
· Candidates must have a passport or the ability to immediately get a passport.
· Must be flexible to travel to projects within Australia
· Potential opportunities to work outside of Australia (other Asia Pacific countries)
· Work under construction site conditions
In return for your skills and knowledge, CAI offers a wide range of benefits including:
· Competitive Salary
· Continuing education/training (internal and external)
· Opportunities to work on cutting edge projects in a highly evolving field