CAI was established in 1996, it has grown year over year to more than 850 people worldwide. We provide commissioning, qualification, validation, start-up, project management and consulting services related to operational readiness to FDA regulated, Data Centers and other mission critical industries.
Meeting a Higher Standard
Our approach is simple; we put the client’s interests first, we do not stop until it is right, and we will do whatever it takes to get there.
At CAI, we are committed to living our Foundational Principles, both professionally and personally:
• We act with integrity
• We serve each other
• We serve society
• We work for our future.
We strongly believe that one person’s success is everyone’s success; we work diligently to accomplish team goals. We place Team Before Self, demonstrate Respect for Others, and possess a can-do attitude. That is how we have grown exponentially.
Mechanical Commissioning Engineers will work as part of the CAI Data Centre / Building Commissioning team and be responsible for the commissioning of mission critical mechanical equipment, start-up and testing, as well as developing maintenance programs and plans. Building commissioning professionals develop and execute the commissioning tests to demonstrate to the customer that vendor equipment are correctly installed and ready to operate, support enhanced design reviews, and consult on submission of LEED / Green Star qualification packages.
Mechanical Commissioning Engineers will be responsible for the following:
· Development of mechanical equipment and system test scripts
· Attend and be an active participant of customer equipment FWT/FAT
· Vendor coordination and management
· Perform equipment inspection to ensure build adherence to vendor submittal
· Provide test and documentation that equipment is delivered, installed, and tested correctly and set to function properly for customer
· Support and perform design specification review, manufacturer submittals, schematic drawing sets, and project schedule documentation
· QA/QC of mechanical equipment installation\startup
· Assign test commissioning tasks to mechanical commissioning team
· Execute test scripts to confirm equipment and system operation to design specification
· Ensure safe work practices are followed by all on commissioning team and customer site
· Engage with customers to ensure positive experience, goals achievement, and schedule adherence
· Provide daily reports for mechanical commissioning team status
· Conduct facility walk downs, turnover, and punch list reviews
· General understanding of LEED / Green Star specifications and requirements
· BS in a mechanical or engineering field or equivalent years’ experience
· 2 years or more of experience in commissioning and qualification in a regulated industry, or facility engineering / facility management
· Experience in 1 or more of the following:
o Data centre construction / commissioning
o Mission Critical construction / commissioning
o Building commissioning
o Facilities and mechanical equipment startup walk downs & troubleshooting
o HVAC equipment
o Fluid/hydraulic systems
o Factory Witness Test experience
o Mechanical commissioning processes
o Equipment / facility handover
· Data Centre facility operations experience is desired, but not required
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
· MS Project experience
· Able to travel internationally if required. Subject to travel restrictions.
In return for your skills and knowledge, CAI offers a wide range of benefits including:
· Competitive Salary
· Continuing education (internal and external)
· Opportunities to work on cutting edge projects in a highly evolving field