CAI was established in 1996, it has grown year over year to more than 850 people worldwide. We provide commissioning, qualification, validation, start-up, project management and consulting services related to operational readiness to FDA regulated and other mission critical industries.
Meeting a Higher Standard
Our approach is simple; we put the client’s interests first, we do not stop until it is right, and we will do whatever it takes to get there.
At CAI, we are committed to living our Foundational Principles, both professionally and personally:
• We act with integrity
• We serve each other
• We serve society
• We work for our future.
We strongly believe that one person’s success is everyone’s success; we work diligently to accomplish team goals. We place Team Before Self, demonstrate Respect for Others, and possess a can-do attitude. That is how we have grown exponentially.
The Electrical Commissioning Engineer Lead provides direction of all electrical aspects of assigned commissioning projects from initial engagement through turn over to the client. He/she will be expected to execute against the project schedule through the coordination of contractors and/or vendors to complete the desired electrical system testing while ensuring the safety of oneself and other project personnel.
· Lead and steer all electrical commissioning and testing activities for all contracted testing and commissioning work related to electrical systems at the client`s site according to agreed Scope of Works.
· Act as technical expert and advisory for the client, advising on feasibility, practicality and any cost, resource impact of solution, methods and work procedures at all stages of the commissioning process.
· Fulfil the role of on-site technical lead and coordinate obtaining correct information from equipment vendors, client, contactors and site owners to make decision and lead.
· Participate and contribute to meetings with the client, consultants, other contractors to provide expert technical opinion. Work with all commissioning stakeholders to sign-off and commit to a common and agreed commissioning deliverables scope and outline items.
· Ensuring all relevant certification and required documentation have been provided by construction contractors, equipment/system vendors to be approved and used as reference for commissioning documentation development.
· Review, check, analyze, and provide opinion on design documents such as BoD, OPR, electrical drawings, schematics, diagrams and installation drawings as well as approve documents meeting commissioning requirements of the client.
· Support engineering and commissioning deliverables development, working together with team members
· Develop, create, review and achieve approval of test scripts, Inspection Test Plans (ITPs)
· Develop, create, review, achieve approval and initiate Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) or Factory Witness Tests (FWT)according to the needs of the client
· Ensure delivery quality is consistent with testing and commissioning requirement from client and the tested outcome is consistent with the client`s desired specification and performance requirements
· Enforce and work to the client`s project timelines and supervise electrical commissioning activities according to the client`s commissioning schedule and timeline
· Manage the progress of work through task completion progress tracking and regular work completion status updates. Pro-actively and regularly update, provide feedback and communicate on work progress with internal teams, Project Manager and client team on work progress
· Create and develop regular technical reports regarding commissioning project status
· Using expert knowledge to identify and create an informed opinion, clearly and transparently communicate to the Project Manager, Client Manager on issues, opportunities, challenges or risks to project schedule and resourcing during any stage of work
· Track potential changes during job progression and have competency in understanding identifying scope variation (potential scope and requirement changes) and how it affects commissioning schedule, budgeting and initially defined commissioning targets
· Collaborate closely with Project Manager when quantifying any scope variation including any price, budget or resource change and to assist in developing mitigation or contingency plans.
Critical Skills and Knowledge
· Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
· Knowledge of OSHA (or equivalent) safety requirements.
· Good written and spoken communication skills.
· Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and mechanical P&IDs.
· Knowledge of mission critical design concepts.
· Knowledge of Electrical Distribution Switchgear, Substations, Uninterruptable Power Sources (UPS), Automatic Transfer Switches (ATS), Batteries, Emergency Diesel Generators & Load Banks.
· Knowledge of power quality analysis
Extensive travel (75%)