CAI Seeking Qualified Candidates local to the Raleigh-Durham area and willing to travel!
No relocation assistance available for this role. Mostly On-Site. Not Remote.
Responsible for advanced scheduling, project measurement, and analysis for Construction, Engineering, and Commissioning and Validation for expansion projects. Manage multiple projects varying in size and complexity to support on time delivery. Work closely with Project Management and field staff to create and maintain schedules and perform risk analysis and mitigation to support project teams in executing successful projects.
- Create and maintain schedules in Microsoft Project and P6.
- Ensure schedule has complete scope coverage, identify potential scope growth, and ensure allowances and contingencies are appropriately used. Use industry benchmarks and internal historical durations to validate the quality of the overall schedule.
- Consult with project managers and technical experts to create, update and analyze CPM schedules; recommend workarounds and schedule improvement ideas to regain schedule slippage.
- Coordinating project timelines with internal departments and external stakeholders. Evaluating performance against schedule and prepare project progress reports.
- Facilitate internal teams and vendor interactive pull planning sessions, implement a master planner system.
- Communicate schedule status on a regular basis via formal and informal meetings and reports. Work closely with key stakeholders including engineering, procurement, estimating, and construction management to properly sequence the work, assess durations, and enhance the overall quality and accuracy of the plan.
- Use resource loading to coordinate the project's earned value system with schedule updates.
- Develop Engineering, Procurement, Construction Management and Validation (EPCMQV) detail schedule with minimal supervision.
- Help mentor junior schedulers.
- Other scheduling related responsibilities as assigned.
Associated Software Applications:
At least two years’ experience as a master scheduler
Proficient in Primavera P6
Demonstrated competencyin MS Excel, MS Word, Visio, and PowerPoint. Can effectively create final products in all four MS programs.
Ability to efficiently produce charts and graphs needed to effectively communicate schedule information.
Recognized certifications in scheduling practices are desired but not required.
Attention to detail is a critical skill for this role.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Proven ability to:
Summarize and present large amounts of information and communicate clear conclusions.
Work from home independently, in an efficient and effective manner.
Work across multiple departments and business areas.
Work with staff where you have no direct authority.
Work in the US without sponsorship now or any time in the future
Must have been vaccinated or willing to be vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting employment
Working Location and Conditions:
Local to the Raleigh – Durham or Clayton, NC area. No relocation assistance is provided for this role.
Extensive use of computer and phone
Work on site within 50 miles of the Raleigh – Durham or Clayton, NC area
At least 25% travel outside for the Raleigh – Durham or Clayton, NC area
CAI is a 100% employee-owned company established in 1996 that has grown to more than 800 people worldwide. We provide commissioning, qualification, validation, start-up, project management and other consulting services associated with operational readiness to FDA regulated and other mission-critical industries.
Meeting a Higher Standard
Our approach is simple; we put the client’s interests first, we do not stop until it is right, and we will do whatever it takes to get there.
As owners of CAI, we are committed to living our Foundational Principles, both professionally and personally:
We act with integrity.
We serve each other.
We serve society.
We work for our future.
With employee ownership, one person’s success is everyone’s success; we work diligently to accomplish team goals. We place Team Before Self, demonstrate Respect for Others, and possess a Can-Do Attitude (our core values). That is how we have grown exponentially.
Our full-time positions offer competitive compensation and benefits which include: up to 15% retirement contribution, 24 days PTO and 5 sick days per year, health insurance at extremely low cost to employee, financial support for both internal and external professional education as well as 70% long term disability paid for by the company.