HR Manager, APAC
Commissioning Agents (CAI) is a rapidly expanding professional services organization headquartered in the United States with offices in Singapore, Malaysia, China, South Korea, Australia, Ireland and Puerto Rico. We work in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, nutritional and Building Commissioning industries to provide industry best practices to our clients. Check us out at www.cagents.com. We are looking for an Admin & HR Manager for our Asia-Pacific region.
The HR Manager, APAC at CAI will be responsible for the full spectrum of human resource and administration functions across the APAC region. Some key areas will be admin/facilities management, employee expense reimbursements, payroll and benefits, recruitment, performance management, training and development, employee relations, new hire onboarding and departures. This person will report directly to the VP of HR and Vice President of Asia operations. This person will play both a hands-on and business partnering role to ensure the business is well supported on all administrative and HR matters.
Responsibilities include: -
· General administrative duties - mailroom duties, weekly timesheet reviews, procurement of pantry, office supplies and equipment, safety equipment and facilities/office management
· Accounts payables including the weekly processing of employee expense claims and supplier invoices
· Support employee project mobilization by coordinating travel arrangements, support the work permit and visa application process, etc
· Work with finance department for monthly payroll processing and monthly/yearly statutory filings
· Responsible for filing of government wage reimbursements (childcare/maternity/paternity leave, reservist, IMDA, etc)
· Develop HR policies, procedures and employee handbooks to ensure alignment with corporate strategy and philosophy as well as compliance with local legislation. Conduct regular reviews to continuously improve efficiency of HR services provided.
· Responsible for the overall recruiting life cycle - writing job descriptions, job posting management, screening resumes and shortlisting/interviewing candidates, preparing employment offers, salary package negotiations, reference checks, etc. Work with external recruitment agencies for short-term contract employees or senior appointments.
· Develop, implement and execute new hire onboarding programmes for the region and work with other stakeholders to support the new hire process
· Perform training needs analysis with leadership team to identify gaps in the regional organization and bridge gaps in skill sets/competencies through L&D programmes
· Support managers on the annual review process, employee professional development plans and career path planning
· Review compensation and benefits programmes yearly to ensure they meet market standards and remain competitive
· Go-to person for all employee communications, employee welfare and counselling and organize teambuilding activities
· Ensure data protection compliance for the region
· Act as a business partner to CVP and leadership team to support growth in the region and provide expert advice for all HR operational needs
· Other ad-hoc duties as assigned by the management
The successful applicant must have:
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related discipline
· Minimum 10 years of experience in human resources in an international environment
· HR experience in a global professional services/consultancy will be a plus
· A self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment
· Strong knowledge of HR compliance in a regional employment landscape
· High level of commercial acumen and problem-solving skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
· Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
In return for your skills and knowledge, CAI offers a wide range of benefits including:
· Medical, dental, disability, company paid life insurance and more
· Paid time off
· Company laptop
Continuing education (internal and external)