Commissioning Manager Renewable Energy
CAI is a 100% employee-owned company established in 1996 that has grown to more than 800 people worldwide. We provide commissioning, qualification, validation, start-up, project management and other consulting services associated with operational readiness to regulated and other mission-critical industries.
Meeting a Higher Standard.
Our approach is simple; we put the client’s interests first, we do not stop until it is right, and we will do whatever it takes to get there.
In CAI, we are committed to living our Foundational Principles, both professionally and personally:
We act with integrity
We serve each other
We serve society
We work for our future
You will have an opportunity to work with recognized subject matter experts allowing YOU to be a key player in bringing latest technologies and knowhow to market. As part of our company culture, we invest in YOUR future, and commit to hands on certifications as well as professional training. Our collaborative culture ensures that our customers benefit from exemplary work across our entire range of professional services.
The role requires proper understanding and being updated on the overall aspects including Mechanical, Electrical, civil, site management related with renewable energy area, mainly the wind energy projects, wind-solar hybrid projects and BoP.
· Coordinate projects and packages of work independently, managing other engineers and contractors as necessary. Coordination with internal & External team for project discussion, progress review, scheduling, quality inspections, safety compliances etc.
· Project supervision and coordination for WTG, USS, 33 - 220 kV network installation and commissioning
· Ensure the Wind project deliverables comply with applicable codes and
standards and deliverables are reviewed in accordance with corporate & site-specific QA/QC procedures, EHS procedures and policies.
· Ensure and enforce safety culture at site.
· Preparing and review of project RfS, preparation of scope matrix, Design basis, BoP specification, SLD, Wind farm losses, substation and transmission line configuration, Micro siting of internal and external line on KMZ/CAD. Review and monitor the route survey.
· Job also requires ability to plan, prioritize
and review project plans and documents, evaluate alternatives, and select appropriate solutions.
· Substantial Wind industry experience, knowledge of regulatory requirements, legal requirements, micrositing, land, RoW, coordination, in depth understanding of electricity grid codes, policies, regulatory requirements, CEA, CERC, CTU, PGICIL, RLDC, SEBs norms, permits and approvals, system and process followed in power sector etc.
· Review of Design documents, manufacturer drawings based on technical specifications, FQP documents, attending FAT etc.
· Ability to review and control regulatory and legal compliances related to wind project site.
· Review of terms and conditions mentioned in the contract document/ purchase orders and implementation of any changes, if required.
· Liaise with Site execution teams relating to various contract compliances.
· Contract compliances follow up with the OEM for various deliveries.
· Monitor the Contract Compliances for various milestone and confirm the milestones completion to Commercial department as per the payment schedule.
· Coordinate and organize factory inspections as per QAP, as applicable, for various projects.
· During project execution, monitor the deviations from the Contract and appropriately escalate for timely resolution of deviation.
· Address to the Contractors any delivery or quality concerns concerning supply and mitigate those concerns.
· Monitor the project progress and completion schedule of all the projects under execution. Take appropriate actions to accelerate the project, wherever applicable.
· Close co-ordination with the engineering team for approvals of vendor documents.
· Close co-ordination with site for material receipt, unloading, storage at site and installation. In case of any requirement of technical support from OEM/ supplier, he shall co-ordinate with the supplier for service engineer.
· Monitor the Project performance and maintain data with back up details for Delay, if any, Guarantees as provided by the Contractor in the Contract.
· Attend Project progress review meetings.
· After completion of the project, ensure project is seamlessly handed over to O&M team as per the Contract.
· Ensure HOTO of the project is completed as per the Contract.
Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task across multiple time zones
Excellent organizational skills
Constant user of professional social and print medias
Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive and handle uncertainties
Go-getter approach is a prerequisite for the position
Keep updating professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops
Establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies and corporate professional development plans.
Travel domestically and internationally as required