CAI is looking for a high performing Business Development Manager and leader of client relationships to drive strategic growth in Singapore. This role may occasionally support other opportunities in Southeast Asia but is based in Singapore. This role reports to the Regional Director, Singapore/SE Asia.
· Develop and implement a strategic sales plan that expands the region’s customer base.
· Successful execution of your plan will lead to higher win rate on proposals and an increase in long term stable client sites.
· Foster long term relationships with industry decision makers and executives to earn “trusted partner” status with key stakeholders.
· Leverage “trusted partner” status with current and future clients to be viewed as a strategic partner.
· Promote CAI’s integrated services to help our client’s facility be ready for operation at a rate that outpaces overall company growth by 20%.
· Expand the portfolio of new-technology companies (ATMP and the next generation technologies) we work with to accelerate CAI’s impact to patient needs by helping those companies quickly deliver new, efficacious treatments and cures to their patients.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to earn an Account Manager role serving 1 – 3 global accounts, OR a larger territory to include other countries/regions in Southeast Asia.
CAI Account Managers regularly interact with key decision makers of our largest and most strategic accounts and serve as a primary liaison between those decision makers and our local operations teams around the globe.
Collaborate with each of our business area leaders, business development and operations team members, as well as others to achieve the following:
· Identify clients with capital budgets for pharmaceutical, biotech, and start-up projects, positioning CAI on bidders’ lists.
· Contacting potential clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings.
· Participate in key marketing strategies and business development
· Execute business development objectives in conjunction with the company business plan
· Managing organizational sales by developing a business plan that covers sales, revenue and expense controls
· Meeting planned sales goals
· Manage proposal responses to clients with support of operations, marketing, and sales operations utilizing our CRM (Salesforce)
· Increasing the value of current customers while attracting new ones
· Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events
· Volunteering where required in professional societies
· Planning and preparing client presentations
· Coordinating with marketing on lead generation
· Research organizations and individuals to find new opportunities using our research tools (LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Industry Reports)
· Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives within your territory
· Supporting emerging markets by developing new relationships and improving sales
· Utilize and engage in CAI Social Media platforms
· Develop and maintain client relationships and accounts
· Escalating and resolving areas of concern as raised by clients
· Carrying out client satisfaction surveys and reviews. Managing relationships with clients, prospects, competitors, and CAI teams
Things to know:
· You may occasionally need to travel within Southeast Asia. You may also occasionally (not more than once per year) need to travel to the U.S. for a company conference/retreat.
· The role is primarily building new business, with new clients. You will largely generate your own new leads and opportunities through your network and our network. However, you will also have opportunity to mine our existing clients for new opportunities and workstreams.
· The role is full scale (lead to close) pipeline development and management – you will find, develop, and grow opportunities to proposal stage, then write proposals and develop estimates, then continue to drive the opportunity to close. We have support teams for proposal development and estimate building, but the BDM holds the primary responsibility for this.
· The role is largely self-managed – we are looking for a driven, self-motivated individual who can build and maintain a pipeline as an integral part of our Singapore operations team.
· A life sciences background in technical sales for engineering/technical consulting/equipment sales, combined with a strong knowledge of quality management systems in the biopharmaceutical space would be the ideal candidate for this role.
· You’ll be selling two things primarily – medium sized project teams (4-12 people) to support construction/engineering projects for greenfield and brownfield biopharma projects, and consulting services primarily in QA, facilities and maintenance, and commissioning/qualification/validation workstreams. In all cases, whether you’re selling a project team for a large new build project, or a staff augmentation team for a QA remediation need – you’re selling our team’s individual expertise, our reputation, and our brand.
CAI is a U.S. based company established in 1996 that has grown to more than 800 people worldwide. With offices in Singapore, Shanghai, Melbourne, Bangalore, and South Korea – and across the U.S. and Western Europe, we provide commissioning, qualification, validation, start-up, project management and other consulting services associated with operational readiness to FDA regulated and other mission-critical industries.