CAI is searching for an ambitious and energetic Sales Representative to help us expand our footprint. The goal of this position is to drive sustainable financial growth through increasing sales and forging strong relationships with clients.
You will represent CAI and will have the dedication to create and apply an effective sales strategy with our vertical market leaders, regional team leaders, and our marketing team. This position reports directly to the China Country Manager.
A qualified candidate will have a full understanding of the current Biopharmaceutical climate within the China Region. This position entails setting strategic goals, meeting project deadlines, collaborating with internal team to develop knowledge of our services, developing proposals, organizing complex solutions to client challenges, technical writing skills, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. This position is expected to work under deadlines and handle varying workloads while working remotely. Candidate should demonstrate the following skills at a minimum:
· Excellent Relationship Management
· Proposal Management
· Process Management
· Technical Writing
· Market Research
· Financial Planning
· Active Listener
A successful candidate will be expected to represent CAI in a professional manner and adopt our sales methodology. To excel in this role, you should be an active listener, have a compelling sales personality, and a passion to chase and close new business.
· Develop and execute sales strategies to meet or exceed revenue targets and growth goals
· Identify and prospect for new business opportunities
· Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the life sciences industry, including trends, challenges, and opportunities.
· Utilizing our CRM
· Increasing the value of current customers while attracting new ones
· Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events
· Volunteering where required in professional societies
· Coordinate with inside sales on lead generation
· Planning and preparing client presentations
· Research organizations and individuals to find new opportunities using our research tools (LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Industry Reports)
· Supporting emerging markets by developing new relationships and improving sales
· Utilize and engage in CAI Social Media platforms
· Develop and maintain client relationships and accounts
· Managing relationships with clients, prospects, competitors, and CAI teams
Critical Skills and Knowledge
· 5-8 years of experience in sales, ideally in the biopharmaceutical facility and manufacturing space – i.e., equipment sales, engineering and construction, validation, automation, etc.
· An established professional network in the biopharmaceutical industry is required
· A bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or related field is preferred, relevant work experience is acceptable
· Proven ability to drive sales
· Experience with a CRM (Salesforce is a plus)
· Strong attention to detail
· Professional society participation is a plus (ISPE, SMPS, PDA, Bio etc)
· Experience in planning and implementing sales strategies
· Experience in customer relationship management
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Dedication to providing great customer service
· Excellent organizational skills
· Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty
· Extensive computer and phone usage
· Extensive travel