CAI is a 100% employee-owned company established in 1996, that has grown year over year to more than 840 people worldwide. We provide building and data center commissioning, qualification, validation, start-up, project management and consulting services related to operational readiness to FDA regulated and other mission critical industries.
Meeting a Higher Standard:
Our approach is simple; we put the client’s interests first, we do not stop until it is right, and we will do whatever it takes to get there.
As owners of CAI, we are committed to living our Foundational Principles, both professionally and personally:
· We act with integrity
· We serve each other
· We serve society
· We work for our future
With employee ownership, one person’s success is everyone’s success; we work diligently to accomplish team goals. We place Team Before Self, demonstrate Respect for Others, and possess a can-do attitude. That is how we have grown exponentially.
The CAI EMEA Data Center and Building Commissioning business unit is searching for an ambitious and energetic Business Development Professional to help us expand CAI’s footprint within EMEA. The goal of this position is to drive sustainable financial growth through increasing sales and forging strong relationships with clients.
You will represent CAI and will have the dedication to create and apply an effective sales strategy with
our vertical market leaders, regional team leaders, and our marketing team. This position reports directly to the Regional Manager – Data Center Commissioning - EMEA.
A qualified candidate will have a full understanding of the current data center climate within European market and outlying geographies. This position entails setting strategic goals, meeting project deadlines, collaborating with internal team to develop knowledge of our services, developing proposals, organizing complex solutions to client challenges, technical writing skills, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. This position is expected to work under deadlines and handle varying workloads while working remotely.
Candidate should demonstrate the following skills at a minimum:
· Excellent Relationship Management
· Proposal Development
· Process Management
· Technical Writing
· Market Research
· Financial Planning
· Active Listener
A successful candidate will be expected to represent CAI in a professional manner and adopt our sales methodology. To excel in this role, you should have a compelling sales personality, and a passion to chase and close new business.
Collaborate with the global data center commissioning team, sales, marketing, and operations team members, as well as others to achieve the following:
· Identify clients with capital plans and budgets for data center greenfield, retro-fit and expansion projects, positioning CAI on bidders’ lists.
· Contacting potential clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings.
· Participate in key marketing strategies and business development
· Execute business development objectives in conjunction with the company business plan
· Managing organizational sales by developing a business plan that covers sales, revenue, and expense controls
· Meeting planned sales goals
· Manage proposal responses to clients with support of operations, marketing, and sales operations
· Utilizing our CRM
· Increasing the value of current customers while attracting new ones
· Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events
· Volunteering where required in professional societies
· Planning and preparing client presentations
· Coordinating with marketing on lead generation
· Research organizations and individuals to find new opportunities using our research tools (LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Industry Reports)
· Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives within your territory
· Supporting emerging markets by developing new relationships and improving sales
· Utilize and engage in CAI Social Media platforms
· Develop and maintain client relationships and accounts
· Escalating and resolving areas of concerned as raised by clients
· Carrying out client satisfaction surveys and reviews.
· Managing relationships with clients, prospects, competitors, and CAI teams
· 5-10 years of experience in business development, ideally in the data center and/ or mission critical market
· An established professional network in the data center and/ or mission critical industry is required
· A bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or related field is preferred, relevant work experience is acceptable
· Proven experience writing, editing, and proofreading skills
· Experience with a CRM (Salesforce is a plus)
· Strong attention to detail
· Professional society participation is a plus (7x24, AFCOM, BCx.org, Data Center World, iMasons, etc.)
· Experience in planning and implementing sales strategies
· Experience in customer relationship management
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Dedication to providing great customer service
· Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task across multiple time zones
· Excellent organizational skills
· Actively involved in professional social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
· Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies and corporate professional development plans.
· Excellent oral and written English is required
· Extensive computer and phone usage to be expected
· Able to travel domestically and internationally if required
· Able to work in the Europe without sponsorship now or anytime in the future
Our full-time positions offer competitive compensation and benefits which includes: very generous retirement contribution, 20 days annual leave, full health insurance for you and your immediate family from the day you start, financial support for both internal and external professional education as well as income protection paid by CAI.