CAI seeks an experienced Building Commissioning Agent/LEED AP to execute commissioning programs with one or more of our key San Diego area clients in the Bio-Pharmaceutical business sector. Knowledge and experience of construction field activities and operations is a key asset for success in this role. The position will also take on the role of Project Engineer, and often field test support, for several projects at one time.
- Establish a culture of mutual trust and respect, open and honest communications, teamwork, and a passion for excellence through effective management, leadership models and techniques.
- Projects involve building maintenance, repairs and improvements including compressed air systems, HVAC systems, energy systems, electrical systems, process water systems and manufacturing equipment. Participation includes design, design review, attending meetings, investigating, attending FATs and applying engineering principles.
- Assist in the development and executes requirements related to facilities projects, facilities systems supporting production, special projects, construction management, and utilization of outside contractors.
- Lead design, installation and commissioning of plant facilities and equipment, plant utilities and associated control systems.
- Generate and revise required documentation to include SOPs for operation and maintenance of facilities and site equipment and controls.
- Inspect buildings and facilities infrastructure to ascertain their condition and state of readiness. Support this effort by documenting the condition, deficiencies, recommendations, and estimated cost of repairs.
- Ensure services and programs meet or exceed all company and external regulatory authority requirements.
- Develop and maintain a consistent operational image, implementing initiatives, and produce a quality product in accordance with company standards.
- Ensure effective customer satisfaction, service, and relations by implementing process and technology to deliver quality products and services.
BS in a science or engineering field or equivalent years’ experience (PMP Preferred).
3-7 years of experience in the field of facility and utility management, start-up, and commissioning.
Exposure to FDA or USDA regulated environments (or equivalent). GMP / CSV experience is a plus.
Experience with functional testing of systems, such as: HVAC, air, gas and water distribution systems, pumps, chillers, boilers, standby generators and switchgear, compressors, bulk gas systems.
Well-developed written and verbal communication skills for interfacing with the project team and client representatives.
Demonstrated experience with MS Word, Excel, and Project. Can effectively create final products in all three MS programs.
Construction environment including working from heights.
Currently working from home >50% of the time. Dedicated workspace is preferred.
Regional travel expected (up to 25%)
Able to work (paid) overtime
Able to work in the US without sponsorship now or any time or in the future
Must have been vaccinated or willing to be vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting employment
The candidate must be located within one hour of an international airport. The following are preferred locations: San Diego, CA
CAI is a 100% employee-owned company established in 1996 that has grown to more than 800 people worldwide. We provide commissioning, qualification, validation, start-up, project management and other consulting services associated with operational readiness to FDA regulated and other mission-critical industries.
Meeting a Higher Standard
Average annual salary: $87,100 - $94,600 USD
Our approach is simple; we put the client’s interests first, we do not stop until it is right, and we will do whatever it takes to get there.
As owners of CAI, we are committed to living our Foundational Principles, both professionally and personally:
We act with integrity.
We serve each other.
We serve society.
We work for our future.
With employee ownership, one person’s success is everyone’s success; we work diligently to accomplish team goals. We place Team Before Self, demonstrate Respect for Others, and possess a Can-Do Attitude (our core values). That is how we have grown exponentially.
Our full-time positions offer competitive compensation and benefits which include: up to 15% retirement contribution, 24 days PTO and 5 sick days per year, health insurance at extremely low cost to employee, financial support for both internal and external professional education as well as 70% long term disability paid for by the company.