CAI seeks an experienced Building Commissioning Engineer/LEED certified tester to execute and coordinate commissioning programs with one or more of our key Bay Area clients in the Bio-Pharmaceutical business sector. You will oversee the progress of projects for your client sites to include resource management, client relationship management, and project completion.
The ideal candidate is an excellent leader and has experience in managing staff of different disciplines to produce results in a timely manner. Knowledge and experience of construction field activities and operations is vital for success in this role. The position will manage several projects at one time and include responsibilities of Project Manager and often field test support.
- Establish a culture of mutual trust and respect, open and honest communications, teamwork, and a passion for excellence through effective management, leadership models and techniques.
- Projects involve building maintenance, repairs and improvements including compressed air systems, HVAC systems, energy systems, electrical systems, process water systems, and manufacturing equipment. Participation includes design, design review, attending meetings, investigating, attending FATs, and applying engineering principles.
- Assist the development and execute requirements related to facilities projects, facilities systems supporting production, special projects, construction management, and utilization of outside contractors.
- Lead design, installation, and commissioning of plant facilities and equipment, plant utilities and associated control systems.
- Generate and revise required documentation to include SOPs for operation and maintenance of facilities and site equipment and controls.
- Inspect buildings and facilities infrastructure to ascertain their condition and state of readiness, including documentation of the condition, deficiencies, recommendations, and estimated cost of repairs.
- Ensure services and programs meet or exceed all company and external regulatory authority requirements. Develop and maintain a consistent operational image, implement initiatives and produce a quality product in accordance with company standards. Cultivate effective customer satisfaction, service, and relations by implementing process and technology to deliver quality products and services.
BS in a science or engineering field or equivalent years’ experience (PMP preferred)
5-7 years’ experience in the field of facility and utility management, start-up, and commissioning
3 years’ experience in FDA or USDA regulated environment, or equivalent (GMP/CSV experience a plus)
Experience with functional testing of systems like: HVAC, air, gas and water distribution systems, pumps, chillers, boilers, standby generators and switchgear, compressors, bulk gas systems
Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
Demonstrated experience with MS Word, Excel, and Project; effectively create final products in all three
Construction environment, including working from heights
Currently work from home >50% of the time; dedicated workspace preferred
Regional travel expected (up to 25%)
Able to work (paid) overtime
Able to work in the US without sponsorship now or any time or in the future
CAI is a 100% employee-owned company established in 1996 that has grown to more than 800 people worldwide. We provide commissioning, qualification, validation, start-up, project management and other consulting services associated with operational readiness to FDA regulated and other mission-critical industries.
Meeting a Higher Standard
Our approach is simple; we put the client’s interests first, we do not stop until it is right, and we will do whatever it takes to get there.
As owners of CAI, we are committed to living our Foundational Principles, both professionally and personally:
We act with integrity.
We serve each other.
We serve society.
We work for our future.
With employee ownership, one person’s success is everyone’s success; we work diligently to accomplish team goals. We place Team Before Self, demonstrate Respect for Others, and possess a Can-Do Attitude (our core values). That is how we have grown exponentially.
Our full-time positions offer competitive compensation and benefits which include: up to 15% retirement contribution, 24 days PTO and 5 sick days per year, health insurance at extremely low cost to employee, financial support for both internal and external professional education as well as 70% long term disability paid for by the company.