CAI is a 100% employee-owned company established in 1996, that has grown year over year to almost 500 people worldwide. We provide commissioning, qualification, validation, start-up, project management and other consulting services to FDA regulated, data centre and other mission critical industries.
CAI is seeking motivated Building Commissioning/Data Centre Electrical Lead professionals to support Data Centre projects across the APAC Region. These are full-time opportunities with competitive compensation and benefits which include: up to 15% retirement contribution, medical insurance for employee and eligible dependents, dental insurance, life and disability insurance, maternity coverage for employee or spouse and financial support for both internal and external professional education. CAI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As consultants to the entire industry, our employee owners are driven by the challenge and constant diversity of assignments, while having the stability of a company that has never had a lay off. On any given day we could be responsible for a myriad of things involved in starting a facility, equipment startup and test script writing and execution, SAT's, walk downs, FWT / FATs, burn in tests and development of summary reports at the client site.
Lead Electrical Engineers will work as part of the CAI Data Centre / Building Commissioning team and be responsible for the commissioning of mission critical electrical equipment, safe electrical work practices, facility turnover, and issue resolution. Data Centre/ Building Commissioning professionals develop and execute the commissioning tests to demonstrate to the customer that vendor equipment is correctly installed and set to work, support enhanced design reviews, and consult on submission of LEED qualification packages.
Lead Electrical Engineers will be responsible for the following:
· Development of electrical equipment and system test scripts
· Attend and be an active participant of customer equipment FWT/FAT
· Vendor coordination and management
· Perform equipment inspection to ensure build adherence to vendor submittal
· Provide test and documentation that equipment is delivered, installed, and tested correctly and set to function properly for customer
· Support and perform design specification review, manufacturer submittals, one line drawing sets, and project schedule documentation
· QA/QC of electrical equipment installation\startup
· Assign test commissioning tasks to electrical commissioning team
· Execute test scripts to confirm equipment and system operation to design specification
· Ensure safe work practices are followed by all on commissioning team and customer site
· Engage with customers to ensure positive experience, goals achievement, and schedule adherence
· Provide daily reports for electrical commissioning team status
· Conduct facility walk downs, turnover, and punch list reviews
· General understanding of LEED specifications and requirements
· Look for new opportunities for CAI to provide service and value to customer
· Business development in a part time capacity.
· Duties may be increased as experience and skill allow
· BS in an Electrical or Engineering field or equivalent years’ experience
· 3 years or more of experience in commissioning and qualification in a regulated industry, or facility engineering / facility management
· Experience in 1 or more of the following:
o Data Centre construction / commissioning
o Electrical switching operations
o Equipment inspections
o Low and/or Medium voltage equipment commissioning
o LEED commissioning
o Factory Witness Test / Factory Acceptance Test attendances
o Leading electrical commissioning processes
o Equipment/ facility handover
· Data Center facilities operations experience is desired, but not required
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
· Able to travel internationally if required and able to work on international project secondments (between 6 months to 1 year, with home rotation every 8 weeks).
In return for your skills and knowledge, CAI offers a wide range of benefits including:
· Full time permanent position with a very competitive package
· ESOP, medical, company paid life insurance and more
· Paid time off
· Continuing education (internal and external)