CAI is a 100% employee-owned company established in 1996, that has grown year over year to almost 500 people worldwide. We provide commissioning, qualification, validation, start-up, project management and other consulting services to FDA regulated and mission critical industries.
CAI is seeking motivated Building Commissioning/Data Center MEP Coordinator professionals to support data center projects across the country. These are full-time opportunities with competitive compensation and benefits which include: up to 15% retirement contribution, 24 days PTO and 5 sick days per year, health insurance at extremely low cost to employee, financial support for both internal and external professional education as well as 70% long term disability paid for by the company.
As consultants to the entire industry, our employee owners are driven by the challenge and constant diversity of assignments, while having the stability of a company that has never had a lay off. On any given day we could be responsible for a myriad of things involved in starting a facility, equipment or process up including protocol and test script writing and execution, SAT's, walk downs, energization planning and authorization, contractor coordination, burn in tests and development of summary reports at the client site.
To get to those diverse projects our people can experience heavy travel. Although some people rarely travel, it is the exception to the rule. It’s not unusual for our employee owners to travel locally M-F to client sites. If the distance is greater, or spans more time zones, we sometimes travel to the site for 10 days then come back for 4. We don’t want to spend our free time in airports or doing laundry to pack again, and we don’t expect our employees to.
The MEP Coordinator will lead the effort in coordinating, scheduling, and managing the MEP trades and their associated subcontractors. The MEP Coordinator will work with the project team to ensure successful completion of all MEP trade work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Take overall responsibility for the performance and quality control of all MEP trades. This includes but is not limited to the following scope of work: Mechanical, Plumbing, Medical Air, Vac and Gas, Ductwork, Building Controls, Electrical, Fire Alarm, Nurse Call, Tele/Data, AV, Security, Site Utilities and Fire Protection.
· Fluency and familiarity of all contract documents.
· Manage and lead MEP subcontractors from contract award through project close out.
· Implement and manage the MEP coordination process to resolve all conflicts prior to start of installations. May involve the use of AutoCAD, Revit, and Navisworks.
· Prior to installation, review shop drawings and submittals for compliance and completeness.
· Participate in the cost review and change order process as it relates to the MEP trades. Assists the Project Manager as necessary in estimating change orders.
· Review all pay requests from MEP subcontractors and ensure that they are proper and timely.
· Provide scheduling input to the project team as it relates to the MEP trades.
· Coordinate onsite MEP activities, materials procurement, and other related activities with Project Manager and Field Staff.
· Communicate progress and prepare appropriate reports as needed and requested.
· Troubleshoot and assist in the resolution of field installation issues.
· Attend weekly meetings with owners, architects and subcontractors. Chair additional meetings with the MEP subcontractors as necessary.
· Coordinates the installation of owner provided equipment as it relates to the MEP trades.
· Monitors the installation and start-up of MEP systems and commissioning of project with Engineer & Owner.
· Coordinate and manage the owner training process.
· Manage the close out process for the MEP trades.
· Maintain good relationships with co-workers, vendors, subcontractors, owners, engineers and architects
· Desire to be a team player
· 5+ years of experience in Construction/MEP Coordination
· BS in an engineering field or equivalent years’ experience
· 3 years or more of experience in commissioning and qualification or facility engineering / facility management
· Strong communication skills
· Ability to identify and resolve complex issues
· Strong grasp of all mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and low-voltage systems
· General understanding of Building Codes, Mechanical Codes, Electrical Codes and Plumbing Codes as they relate to construction of project
· Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering preferred, but not necessary
· Experienced dealing with MEP subcontracts and subcontractors
· Proficient computer skills
· Navisworks, Revit, and AutoCAD skills are a plus