CAI is a 100% employee-owned company established in 1996 that has grown to over 600 people worldwide. We provide quality and compliance, commissioning, qualification, validation, start-up and other consulting services associated with operational readiness to FDA regulated and other mission-critical industries.
Meeting a Higher Standard
Our approach is simple; we put the client’s interests first, we do not stop until it is right, and we will do whatever it takes to get there.
As owners of CAI, we are committed to living our Foundational Principles, both professionally and personally:
· We act with integrity.
· We serve each other.
· We serve society.
· We work for our future.
With employee ownership, one person’s success is everyone’s success; we work diligently to accomplish team goals. We place Team Before Self, demonstrate Respect for Others, and possess a Can-Do Attitude (our core values). That is how we have grown exponentially.
Summary of Position:
As a Discipline Lead (DL) for the Quality and Compliance Business Area at CAI, you are a leader and subject matter expert who is responsible for establishing, growing, and leading Quality and Compliance. The incumbent will engage in marketing, direct sales or sales support to global regions and facilitate in the development and implementation of systems and initiatives to grow the business for long term success. The incumbent will work for and report to the Quality, Compliance and Regulatory Affairs (QCR) business area leader (BAL)
Role Description: As a Discipline Lead for the Quality and Compliance Business Area at CAI, you are a leader and subject matter expert who:
· Is engaged in industry forums, speaking, writing articles, participating in society committees, supporting standards or guidance document creation within such groups, and has a network of industry contacts who would recognize you as being an expert in Quality and Compliance.
· Create and contribute to content in industry changing approaches that will benefit CAI web site and marketing materials.
· Can provide consulting to clients in the areas of Quality and Compliance.
· Provide significant support to the BAL with respect to quality systems, knowledge management, services definition, and delivery in the DL’s area of expertise.
· Can act in a Quality and Compliance role including managing client relationships for a portfolio of products and be responsible for close liaison with the management/ other key personnel in line with time frames per the project schedule.
· Engages in strategic project work designed to be a door-opener for larger teams once the initial expert engagement is over, or as part of a larger project to deliver special expertise.
· Be responsible for the management of one or more Quality and Compliance life science projects, support the client in understanding the regulated environment by serving as an advisor on the cGMP guidelines and on industry practices and norms.
· Builds and maintains strong relationships with the regulatory authorities and other stakeholders as appropriate to ensure ease of access and influence.
· As a leader, work collaboratively with CAI agents to sell QCR services and provide strategic project work.
· Develop and grow others in developing our existing agents through execution of compelling development plans, special initiatives and/ or collateral duties.
· Minimum BSc., with Biological / Biotechnology degree an advantage.
· Postgraduate qualification an advantage.
· Minimum 10 years’ experience in a QA or equivalent role.
· Extensive experience in cGMP systems, pharmaceutical manufacturing and testing, experience must include role(s) in a manufacturing setting.
· Sterile manufacturing and/or biotech experience distinct advantage
· Managerial or Supervisory experience required.
· Regulatory inspection experience leading a function or group experience preferred.
· Quality Control Laboratory experience
· Preferred experience including, but not limited to the following:
o Application of cGMP to manufacturing and quality systems.
o Batch release and investigations
o Change Management and CAPA
o Regulatory Affairs
o Validation and Qualification
o Technical Transfers
o Statistical techniques
o Electronic and paper Quality Management Systems